Search This Blog

Dec 23, 2012

1/144 HG Shaldoll Custom


1/144 HG Shaldoll Custom Review


What's Included?
4X Runners (if you count polycaps)
1X Small Sticker Sheet
1X Manual










Details/Proportions








This is my first actual grunt suit and I must say I love it. The detail is again top notch. When it comes to Age models I don't think there is any HG version that has detail flaws. It truly is a great line. Unique design and concept overall to I might add its very unique and its so plain that it is incredibly custom friendly. By that I mean customize it any way you want.

Articulation


The articulation is splendid on this. I mean its amazing on all the AGE HG models but man I see nothing to complain about. Just look at that knee separation. Show me a HGUC that can do that and I'll rest my case.

Weapons/Accessories



It comes with basic weaponry. Shield, rifle, and also one beam saber hilt which is located on the back. I personally love that feature about the backpack. It also comes with a open left hand which I happened to be lucky enough to get a broken one in the box so I don't have one. The rifle also has like a take apart feature. You can pop the front off and turn it. 

Final Thoughts


For my final thoughts I would like to keep it simple. It is basically in short words simple. Nothing about it screams instant buy however if you really are into dynamic posing and customizing that can be said differently. It really is a plain model and it depends on the person if its great or not. Personally I love and enjoy mine. I might not have mentioned it but it also comes with optional parts. Instead of those few white pieces you can turn it completely green for the chest. A final note though the G-Exes wasn't made from scratch completely. It was customized from the base mobile suit Shaldoll. Here we have the Shaldoll custom but when the G-Exes was made it used the normal Shaldoll as a base for the designs. My final word is that I recommend it to those who are looking for more than just a fun build. What you get after you build it is more important and also its plain like vanilla it has a nice touch to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment