Search This Blog

Oct 29, 2012

1/144 HG Zeydra


1/100 HG Zeydra Review

What's Included:
5X Runners (If you count polycaps)
1X Small Sticker Sheet
1X Manual

This is my first Vagan mobile suit model and I must say I love it more than my Gundam Age models. Look for yourself however.






















Detail





















It looks great and I personally love the design put into it. However there are some areas that have a lot of seam line issues. The pieces aren't that well complimentary or well fit to snap together properly. That could just be me however.

Proportion




The HG models all have the same design in terms of proportion however for this model I can definitely say it felt a little off in other ways. The arms are longer than the legs that's one thing. As for the waist... well that's a given. I am kind of disappointed in the arm and leg issue though it is difficult getting a precise pose sometimes because of how long the arms are compared to the legs.





Articulation


The armor located around the upper part of the arm somewhat prevents the arm from going further than that. However the leg is very nicely articulate. It even has a knee gimmick that you would normally see in MG models. Just my opinion. Overall however the articulation is top notch. Just slight pieces preventing from further movement but if your better at modifications than I am you can easily fix that problem.

Weapon






It only comes with one weapon and that is what you see there. You can also detach its tail and put that on its open hand but that just looks so awkward and stupid to me. Feel free to do it but if you have a appropriate beam saber then do that instead of the tail. My HGUC RX-93's beam saber fits nicely into the open hands so that's what I do. Going back to the rifle however again its great and the detail and fine. I love it personally something about it really intrigues me. 

Accessories


This isn't a Gundam Age model it is a grunt model so it is understandable at the amount of accessories it comes with. It has 2 open hands which have guns in them which can also be used to put in beam sabers or the Zeydra's tail. It also comes in 2 closed fists. All hands are interchangeable between both arms so there is no left or right hand they're all the same. Which is my favorite part about it. The trigger hand. It is also interchangeable so both arms can swap between holding the rifle. It also has a nice small plug for the action base hole found under the waist but I don't keep mine plugged since I have a few action bases. 

Conclusion


I confidently recommend this HG to all Age fans. Step outside of Age-1, Age-2, Age-3, Age-FX, and try some grunt suits. You won't regret it.

Videos


No comments:

Post a Comment