Search This Blog

Aug 22, 2012

1/144 HGUC RX-93 Nu Gundam


1/144 HGUC RX-93 Nu Gundam Review


#86
What's Included:
10X Runners
2X Small Sticker Sheets
1X Manual 

Now before I begin I think a little statement is needed. The HGUC RX-93 Nu Gundam is the first HGUC model I have. It is identified by the number 86 in its line and I would like to explain the numbers before I begin. The HGUC line represents the Universal Century line and releases models according to the line. However some alternate lines have been added to the HGUC line and that is either because they needed a long due re-release or something along those lines. Now how many have been released so far? 144. Yes you have 144 models to choose from and I must tell you I for one think I did a great job in selecting the RX-93 Nu as my first HGUC. Now without further ado let's begin the review.

Details:


























Ok so I figured looking at the pictures first would show you the details better. The details are remarkable and the model truly does a good job of showing off a fierce serious look. It means no business of course if it were to be put up in a battle. Against the latest Gundam it could definitely put up a fight. However the details are nice and all but one thing I dislike and it's the stickers. They peel off and lose its glue residue so eventually they come off completely. However in simple terms you won't see any problems with detail. Very impressive. 

Proportions:

















So what do I have to say about proportions? Nothing really. It's along the same lines as the details. However if I had to really point something out I would have to say the skirts. They seem too long... however I don't like pointing things out like that unless I see something really wrong. So far I hate the stickers that's all I can tell you.

Articulation:










                                                                                












Ok so as you see in the pictures it's pretty simple. I am not really going to stress how far a certain joint goes or this or that. I am just going to summarize it with one thing. Statue. Yes the model is amazing and as you saw it is articulate but it feels stiff in my opinion or in general better looking as a standing pose. Seems simple enough but just let it pose in a standing pose with the bazooka on it's back and funnels. Then let it hold the rifle with both hands by using an open hand. Nice pose if you ask me. Articulation is satisfying but it's not the best I have seen.

Weapons:











































Ok so for the weapons it's pretty simple. Let us count them. We have 6 funnels, 1 rifle, 1 bazooka, 2 beam sabers. How many weapons in total is that? 10. Yes 10. Of course I am going to count the funnels but just consider that. Normally most HGUC's never come in a major amount of weapons or accessories depending on the model. The RX-93 Nu is the perfect model if you want a fully weaponized model. Just think of the possible pose varieties as well. As far as detail goes all of the weapons are exceptional as much as the model itself is. There is nothing about this model kit that has something to strike out on except for the stickers head to toe.

Extras:










Nothing really to point out in the extras. The model comes with 5 hands in total. 2 close fists. 1 open fist. 1 open palm. 1 trigger finger. The close fists are just for any standard pose. The open one is for the beam sabers. The open palm I use to lift or hold the rifle which makes it looks cool. The trigger finger can be switched between rifle or bazooka. Plus if you buy two you get 12 funnels. So taking this into thought the model has an extra funnel back extension which attaches with the funnels making 12. Nice little add but I don't have 12 funnels. Also the last thing is a action base cover for the bottom of the Nu. It clogs up the hole which is used to attach the model to a action base 1 or 2. I preferably just keep the clog off.

Conclusion:

I kept the review short and simple with little words to really let you viewers enjoy the pictures and get an idea of it that way. This is where my final thoughts go. When it comes to the Nu gundam I have one thing to say. That is to get it if you haven't. The HGUC only offers horrible sticker problems. You might be lucky and get a box with nice stickers but that shouldn't scare you. It's a very nice deem worthy model and definitely a great pick for your first HGUC. 

If your not totally sure take a look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment