Search This Blog

Jul 6, 2012

1/144 AG Age-3 Fortress & Orbital Gundam Review





What's Included?                                                                                                                            Fortress                       Orbital
7X Runners                        8X Runners
1X Gage-ing Chip               1X Gage-ing Chip

Well before I begin as I usually do it I want to discuss the overall package. I will be honest. It appealed to me. I keep all of the box arts I get when I get models and this is definitely something to keep. The box art itself is very well illustrated and nice to keep. As for the overall contents one thing did surprise me. I figured since its $9-$10 that it would come with an instruction paper. However the instructions are printed into the box itself. LOL! So if you get this don't throw out the white box because that's is what its printed on.

Now before I begin I would like to clear up these are as basic and simple as models go by so not that much to talk about.


Runners:

Orbital                                                                                                         Fortress


Comparison

 Well as you guys see here is a high resolution photo of the AG Age-3 Fortress and Orbital heads. The picture might seem off because I used flash on my camera to give it more lighting. Anyways as far as detail and difference. Nothing. They are both identical. So not much to say. Detail and etc will be discussed more later. 

In this picture I just show you a simple comparison of the body. The upper portions of the body are identical and used with the same plastic moldings. However the skirts are different. The Fortress has heavy weaponry based designs while the Orbital has fast speedy designs overall. I think the AG models do a good job of getting the idea down. If these models had detail they would be just about perfect. 
The legs are just one piece basically nothing much to say. Just showing you pictures of the overall comparison. The details are what I will cover next. However based on these photos you can tell how basic and simple the model is.
 The arms I give credit for they are more detail oriented than the legs. Really. The legs only have like 2 pieces of plastic while the arms have 5-6.





That's about it for comparisons. I don't really like talking or writing for model reviews. I let the pictures do the talking. However I still need to improve on that as well. hehe.... ^_^

Detail/Proportion



As you see in the pictures the overall detail and design of the Fortress and Orbital are the same. The core fighter pieces are also identical. However to simply put it in a few words the detail is there and can be panel lined and can even add more panel lines to it but it definitely needs a paint job before you keep it for display.


For a basic $9-$10 model there is only so much I can go over. The overall detail shown in the above pictures just gives you a simple idea of it. If your looking for detail here is a quick guide.
Advanced Grade=Less plastic(Easiest to build)
High Grade= More plastic(Mid Level Easy build)
Real Grade= More plastic/Inner frame(Moderate build)
Master Grade=More plastic(detailed from top to bottom)(Advanced build)
Perfect Grade just follows that.
Simple enough I trust.

To wrap up this simple and short review I am just going to provide the videos for you to watch to get an overall idea of the looks of the models.

Orbital
Fortress


Final Thoughts however this model isn't something to have for collection. It is for beginners or for people who have custom concepts they want to make or test.


Thanks!
Reviewed By: FlashX007

No comments:

Post a Comment