Search This Blog

Sep 16, 2012

1/100 MG Gundam Age-1 Spallow


1/100 MG Gundam Age-1 Spallow Review

What's Included:
14X Runners (if you count polycaps)
2X Small Sticker Sheets
1X Medium Decal Sheet
1X Medium Marking Sticker Sheet
1X Manual 

So far the AGE line has variety of models to choose from. The HG models are already a satisfaction and can't go wrong in buying those. The MG models are even better. However the MG models only have 4 to choose from for now. Those are the MG Age-1 Normal, Titus, or Spallow. Also the newly released MG Age-2 Normal. I would like to give my thoughts on the releases before I move forward with the review. So far Bandai has released all the Age-1 forms. However there are others people might want like the Age-1 Flat or another particular form as well. However due to the fact that Bandai has released the MG Age-2 Normal I am now predicting and believe that they are out to release only the major official mobile suits. Those would be the MG Age-2 Special Ops (Bandai Online Exclusive), MG Age-2 Dark Hound, MG Age-2 Double Bullet, MG Age-3 Normal, MG Age-3 Fortress, MG Age-3 Orbital, MG Legilis, MG FX. I believe and predict they will be releasing these. I hope the continue with the line because the features and overall amount of satisfaction you can get with the MG models out currently are amazing. I just figured I would point out my prediction. I hope I am wrong but if I am right there are things we can look forward to. Like the design features of the Age-3 in MG. The Legilis' amazing designs as well and the hidden features, along with the FX's bits/funnels. I would certainly be satisfied with these releases. It is my hope they continue the models in MG releases however it is highly that we will not be getting anything besides the majors. However for HG's its not out of the question. The HG's themselves offer amazing aspects as well to look forward to so if its not MG it will be HG. Either way that's good enough for me. Now to move forward with the review :)

Detail

































Ok so as far as the detail goes it is top notch. MG models always have a great statement put into their detail and features and the MG Age line does not disappoint. In fact it can be argued that the detail found in the MG Age line have more detail in their models than other MG lines. Definitely greater if panel lined but I have yet to really gain experience in that field to panel line my MG.

Proportion




Nothing wrong with the proportion. I feel the waist or mid section could be better but its all good. The feet could have definitely been a little wider. Being thin prevents it to pose and balance well enough. Action base preferred.

Articulation










The articulation on the HG/MG Age models are superb. The arms and legs can bend 180 degrees. As you see in the pictures it's double jointed. Also a few features like the articulated wrist plates, knee needle shooters, and the back weapons holder. Nice features and specs. :) I love this design so much. I have always grown fascination to sleek and stealthy designs from cars, to Gundams and this is the first stealth based model I have. It could use concept improvements but I really support it if there are more stealthy concept designs.

Who's there?...... me, ..... Gundam.
O_O OOOOOOH @!$# Help me!
It's too late for you.

You just been ninja'd baby. xD lol

Weapon




It only has one weapon. That's all I have to say really. Am I disappointed? Sure, I am. However overall if you think about it I can't complain I now have a stealth Gundam. Exactly my style and taste preference!

Accessories

















Confused? Well don't be. Pretty simple the HG/MG models are all interchangeable. Half of those finger/hand pieces come from Age-1 Normal and Age-1 Spallow. Plus Age-2 Normal. The hands are all interchangeable to you can have a Normal with ninja hands and etc. Thoughts endless as long as your creative. As far as the figures go the Normal and Spallow both came with the same Flit figure however the Normal came with just the Flit figure and cockpit figure. The Spallow came with that Yurin, pilot Flit figure, and just a pilot figure (Flit). Plus Asemu of course. They can all be put on the plate of the hatch of the MG Age-1s if you want preferably I am not the type to pose it like that.

Final Thoughts


Well I didn't have much to say. I can't either to be honest. I just like the Spallow. It could use improvements here and there but its great. There should have been 2 blades instead of one. However its implied that its not fully equipped and more on stealth and sneaky damages like its knee needle shooters. As you see in the picture that is what I meant by interchangeable. :) Basically it's a Age-1 Stryder lol. Just made that up since Age-2 is called Normal <_< Speaking of which never get the Normals except Age-2 Normal. The Age-1 Normal felt soooooo plain and vanilla it was hard for me to like it until I built it and tweaked it. So for my final thoughts do I recommend it? Yes if your the type to like the concept design. However if your about price there are other models that are worth the same price and can offer more. So it's double edged really. Great but bad because the weapons aren't satisfying enough. I personally love it and am going to customize it into a further stealth design. ^_^

VIDEOS



Not happy with the review? Just check the pictures or look at the videos for more in depth looks in the Spallow. I like to keep things brief and with many pictures. 

Reviewed By: FlashX007

No comments:

Post a Comment